I am writing to you amidst packing a suitcase for a trip to the UK for school. This time of the year can be overwhelming, so I won’t keep you long. First, I’d like to extend two invitations to you, then ask you a life-changing question, and tell you about a few very important people (you may recognize yourself).
WHEN: Wed. Dec. 15, 2021, at 9:00-10:30 pm EST
WHAT: Think of this workshop as an energy alignment. What do you want to see happen in your life? Bring your wish, and we will set energy in motion for it. We’ll discuss how to focus our time and attention on what means most to us. We can also talk about intuition, managing energy, and getting through uncertainty. Let’s get together and breathe some magic into each other’s lives.
FREE REGISTRATION: https://alinabas.as.me/Music
COST: Free! We all could use a break. If inspired, you can make a contribution at https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/AlinaBasConsulting with a note “MUSIC”, 100% of it will support a great cause – Kids’ Music Education program at a local school. No pressure at all, I’m not keeping tabs, and look forward to our time together.
* * * * *
WHEN: Schedule between Nov. 29, 2021, and Feb. 15, 2022. Purchase by Jan. 3, 2022. Limited number of sessions available.
WHAT: An intensive, one-on-one Strategic Planning Session to figure out your next moves; get better results faster in the area that is important to you; do some reflection and plan on rapid experiments and an exciting strategic plan for helping you move forward. Renew, recharge, refocus. (Client notes are included).
COST: $350 (or $300 with a special offer code)
SPECIAL OFFER: Use code MUSIC2022 to save $50, and I will donate an additional $50 to Kids’ Music Education program at a local school.
Also, if you still have 2021 funding left at work for executive development, and it is “use it or lose it”, let’s put this money to good use for you! Please, send me a quick note at Alina@AlinaBas.com if you’d like to discuss the plan.
And now, the important question I wanted to ask you. I know you are strong, smart, creative, self-sufficient – I know. And yet…
If things get too overwhelming, or too heavy, or too difficult this December, if you start feeling like an impostor, or if your heart feels empty, or if you miss someone too much, or think that your challenges are too dark, whom would you call?
Please, think about this seriously. To whom can you reach out who can keep you safe and warm, even if just a little bit, even if for a short time?
Think of a specific person, please. Someone who will take your call and will not turn you away, and will hear you out with compassion and empathy.
If you can, add one more name to it. And then, if you can – one more.
Then, do a “dry run” – call these people just to say hello, to touch base, to see how they are. It will help you and them remember that we are connected, and we can count on each other.
I also want to tell you about people who have inspired me greatly this year. They don’t always give themselves enough credit, but they are truly magical.
– She is a neuroscientist and a photographer, a thoughtful mom, a generous friend.
– He is a veteran who has done several tours in the war zone that have left marks on his body, but his spirit is unbreakable. He is a present dad and a loyal friend.
– She is a doctor, a reader, a lover of dance, music, movies, and hiking, an involved mom, and a powerful presence in the world.
– He is a mid-life career changer who grew his business in a new field to become one of the best in the country; he always takes care of people around him.
– She is a Harvard grad who is modest and understated, but is smart as a whip and one of the kindest people I know, being the heart of her large family.
– He puts his family first, and balances a Wall Street career with mastering a brand new field, always being a gentle presence in our lives.
– She is a space scientist, and after having worked for NASA teaching astronauts, and raising a family, she is teaching kids around the world about AI and space exploration.
– She is a poet, a writer, a university professor, a gentle mom, a fun and kind friend
– He is an engineer, a philosopher, a writer, an AI expert, a mentor, one of the most interesting and caring people out there.
– She is an architect, a business owner, a loving mom, a fun-loving friend, and gave me one of the most interesting things to think about for my dissertation.
– She is running a start-up and her own business, she always makes time for family and friends, she is a student and a teacher of meditation and yoga, and an avid reader.
– He is an IT guy who is teaching parenting classes, who is always full of creative ideas, who brings communities together to play music, to learn, to connect.
– She is a world traveler, an Italian professor, a tarot card reader and one of the most vibrant, colorful, energetic, soulful people I’ve ever met.
– She is supposed to be taking it easy in her retirement, but she is cooking like a professional chef, taking care of grandkids, she is hiking and camping, and keeps up to date on the cultural life in the city.
You – you give me inspiration and energy. You are more than meets the eye, and you mean more than you know, just by being you. I couldn’t describe all of you above, but I See you. If I call on you, I hope you answer. And I hope you know that you can call on me.
Did a friend share this with you? Please sign up for my newsletter and get your own free monthly-ish story. Let’s stay connected!
Drop this in survival mode
Our New York Love Story
Vonnegut’s Take on Your Career
Harmony in Your Life
More Than it Seems
Stay Afloat in Uncertainty
I’m not This Person!
How to Not Go Crazy This Winter
Time of Uncertainty? Ha!
Sensing the Unknown
Our (Changing) Rules of Engagement
A Case of Exploding Eggs
Are You Wearing Pants?
What’s Not Broken